Before you start
Everything you need to do before you arrive
- Check out the New Students website where you will find all of the information and resources to help you get prepared and ready from now and as you approach your start date.
- Have a look on the essential 'Top 6 Tasks' that must be addressed and completed by all new students either before, or when you start/arrive, to enable you to get started at the university.
- Succeeding at Masters level - An overview of some of key features of postgraduate education at the University of Edinburgh.
Download the UoE Events App
The UoE Events app contains the ‘New Students 2022-23’ guide which features all Welcome Week events, both University and Students’ Association, and makes activities easier to navigate with the option to build your own personalised schedules and to-do lists before you arrive and when you start.
How to Guides
Check out the specific guidence for incoming students that are bookable from 1 August:
Meet fellow students
You can start making friends before you arrive by joining both our School Piazza Groups :
Additionally you can:
- Join the New Students Facebook Group, to meet new students from different programmes and across the world, ask questions and learn more about starting University.
- Sign up to Platform One, Edinburgh’s single online community for students, staff and former students all over the world, a place to make new connections and get friendly support.
- Check out The Students Association Programme
Check out Optional Courses
You can have a look at the optional courses to have a better idea of what would you like to choose. The enrolment of the Course will be done in Welcome Week.
Course Selection and Timetabling | teaching.maths.ed.ac.uk
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For any IT-related queries, you can contact the IT-Helpdesk.
You can also have a look in EdWEB which brings your frequently used student services together, meaning you can find what you need, all in one place: